Skip to main content

Irish Recipe for Today

My family loves these cookies, especially right from the oven with a tall glass of cold milk. I love making these any time of the year. Enjoy!

Irish Ginger Snaps

1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shortening
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.
Cream sugar, egg, salt and shortening together. Add flour, baking soda and spices. Mix well. Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and roll the balls in sugar.
Bake at 350 for 5 to 6 minutes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These sound great. I am always looking for new Irish recipes this time of year. Thanks for stopping by www.askbecca.com. I hope to see you again soon. Keep up the great recipes for St. Patties Day.

Becca
Thanks for making my day! Your were my first comment. Thanks! I plan on posting a new Irish recipe daily till St. Patricks Day. Enjoy.