Skip to main content

Chocolate Orange Layer Cake


Everyone Check Spellingknows I love chocolate, but chocolate and orange, all I can say is wow! This cake is a wonderfully, rich tasty cake! I just had to share it! This would be a great cake for a fall festival or family get together!

This is just another great sweet treat from Kraft! Enjoy!

What you need!
1-1/2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
6 Tbsp. butter, softened
6 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. orange zest
12 drops orange food coloring
2 baked chocolate cake layers (8 inch), cooled
3 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 of 8-oz. tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
Make It!
BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer until well blended.
CUT each cake horizontally into 2 layers. Stack on plate, spreading 3/4 cup frosting between each layer. Frost top and side with remaining frosting.
MICROWAVE chocolate and COOL WHIP in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Cool 15 min.; spread over top of cake, allowing excess to drizzle down side. Keep refrigerated.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Size-Wise
The orange flavor is a perfect complement to the chocolate in this special-occasion cake.
Substitute
Substitute 8 drops yellow and 4 drops red food coloring for the orange food coloring.

Comments

This looks very pretty and sounds wonderful
Its good folks! But how can you go wrong with chocolate!
Katy ~ said…
Love the combination of orange and chocolate; it is one of my favorites. I especially like the colors of this. So perfect for the season, and with a few halloween decorations, how perfect!! Love it.
Andrea said…
Sounds delicious. I just joined to follow. I found you from mimmy's blog.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.
Welcome Andrea! I am glad you came by! I will add you to my daily prayers.
The cake is wonderful and I am sure you will like it, its makes you feel treated, plus its fun to make with kids! Plus its chocolate the best part!