Skip to main content

Slow Cooker Recipe!

Now that you have eaten breakfast while your cleaning up go head and get a head start on supper or lunch for today!

Red Beans N Rice

1 med bell pepper chopped
1 med onion chopped
2 cans of red kidney beans drained
2 cans of tomatoes
1 to 2 small cans of tomatoe sauce
1 tsp worcestershire
1 lb of link sausage cut into small pieces
1 lb patty sausage
1/2 lb of hamburger
1/2  to 3/4 celery, chopped
dash of cinnamon
Salt, pepper to taste
Dash of red pepper
Rice, cooked

Brown meat, saute pepper, onion and celery. Place meat  and veggies into a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except rice. Cook slow  for 2-3 hours. Serve over cooked rice.
Dinner is ready! Have a great Sunday!
 Be sure to go to FB to check the daily freebies!

Comments

Carol said…
Wow this sounds so good, I copied the recipe and will try it. Thanks for the post.
Katy ~ said…
For the longest time I have been looking for a delicious red and bean rice.

This sounds like a keeper. Many thanks!
I havent cooked in awhile, but these two used to be my favorites. Both are good to take for pot luck togethers. My family loves both of them!
Polly said…
I made Red Beans and Rice yesterday and it was almost like this recipe. One of my sons and his little wife had been cooking it out of a box, Zatarain's, but after eating truly homemade, they will NEVER be caught with a box of red beans and rice mix in their pantry again!!!
Anonymous said…
Just an FYI I received my package from Blog Spark today, everything there as promised, but better yet the coupons were for any variety of Grand Biscuits. Thanks again
Polly
I agree with you! I love this recipe.... comfort food at its best!
Marilyn
I am so happy you have already received your package from MyBlogSpark! Especially happy the coupons were for any brand, this makes the package win even better!