Taste of home is by far one of my favorite food magazines! The recipes are simple, easy and never tons of hard to find ingredients!
Here is a wonderful bread recipe!n Thanks Taste of Home!!
Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; stir into sugar mixture just until moistened. Stir in the zucchini, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 229 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.