I was looking on Pinterest and found this wonderful easy recipe. I have already put the chicken, onion and soup mix in my crock pot!! In a few hours my house will smell so good and comforting!!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 large onion, chopped (I use Vidalia)
1 -8 ounce box Zatarain's Yellow Rice Mix, cooked according to directions
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 - 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup (regular or fat free)
1 -15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Scatter chopped onion over top. Spoon cream soup over top of that. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. A few minutes before serving, add in cooked rice, corn, and cheese. Stir to combine. Serve hot.
1. Prep your dough. Using a bowl or 4 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from your 2 9-inch pie crust doughs.
2. Place each circle into a pre-greased muffin tin. Press them in, letting the sides come up for a fun look. Score the bottom of your dough with a fork to keep the crust from bubbling up as it cooks.
3. Pour your filling into each muffin tin cup. Fill them to the very top. I like to use the recipe for filling from the pumpkin can. But there are a lot of great recipes out there where you can use fresh pumpkin to make your filling. *I did have a little bit of filling left over. I used it with ahomemade graham cracker crust recipe*
4. Bake your muffin tin pumpkin pies at 425* for 15 minutes. Then turn your heat down to 350* and bake them for 25-30 minutes. (This is 15-20 minutes less than a regular pie)
5. Let these cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours to let the pumpkin filling set.
6. Add a dollop of whipped cream to each individual muffin tin pie.