Creamy Broccoli and Corn Chowder
- tablespoons butter or margarine
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- clove garlic, finely chopped
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- teaspoon pepper
- cups Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton) or vegetable broth
- bag (16 oz) Cascadian Farm® frozen organic broccoli cuts
- cups Cascadian Farm® frozen organic sweet corn (from 16-oz bag)
- cup half-and-half
For nurtitional information and more recipes like this one, visit www.bettycrocker.com
- 1In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 2Stir in broth, broccoli and corn. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- 3Stir in half-and-half. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot (do not boil).