Oven Baked Chicken by Betty Crocker-- Be sure to check out their web page for more delicious meals under 1.09 per serving! www.bettycrocker.comwww.bettycrocker.com Plus they have money saving coupons!
- PREP TIME10 Min
- TOTAL TIME60 Min
- tablespoon butter or margarine
- cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/4
- teaspoons salt
- teaspoon pepper
- cut-up whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1Heat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, in oven.
- 2Stir together Bisquick, paprika, salt and pepper; coat chicken. Place skin sides down in dish (dish and butter should be hot).
- 3Bake 35 minutes; turn chicken. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
Because this chicken is delicious hot or cold, it’s great picnic fare! Make some ahead of time to go with sandwiches for an easy picnic.
Add 1 teaspoon of dried italian seasoning to the Bisquick® for a hint of fragrant flavor.
Go ahead and double the recipe. When you have extra chicken on hand, you're only moments away from an impromptu picnic. (Leftovers keep for one week in the refrigerator.)
For Parmesan Oven-Fried Chicken, decrease Bisquick to 1/3 cup and salt to 1 teaspoon, and add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.