Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Comfort foods are some of the few respites we have from Old Man Winter and this year the season just seems to be dragging on and on. If ever there was a time for comfort cupcakes it is now.
Banana Chocolate Chip CupcakesMakes about 12 cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft shortening
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (6 ozs.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Banana Frosting
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, for garnish
Instructions:Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin with cupcake papers.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, Clabber Girl Baking Powder and salt. Add all at once shortening, bananas, evaporated milk, vanilla, and eggs. Beat on medium until blended, then beat 3 minutes longer. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
In a small bowl, combine margarine, evaporated milk, and banana flavoring. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing until smooth after each addition. Mix until frosting is smooth and shiny. If consistency is too thick, add a few drops of evaporated milk.
Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with chocolate chips