- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow or devil's food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
Frosting and Decorations
- 2 1/2
- cups shredded coconut
- Yellow food color
- container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- brown miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- small orange gumdrops
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- 2Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 3Place coconut in resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add about 8 drops yellow food color; seal bag and shake to mix. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Top with yellow coconut. For eyes, add brown baking bits. Cut orange gumdrops to look like beaks; place on cupcakes. Store loosely covered.