- lb Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Swiss or mozzarella cheese, cut into 3x1/2-inch sticks
- Vegetable oil
- cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- teaspoon paprika
- cup milk
- Marinara sauce, if desired
- 1 Place cheese sticks on tray; freeze at least 1 hour.
- 2 Heat 2 inches of oil to 375ºF in large heavy saucapan or follow manufacturer's direction on deep fryer. Beat Bisquick mix, paprika, milk and egg until smooth. Dip cheese, 1 stick at a time, into batter, covering cheese completely.
- 3 Fry 8 to 10 sticks at a time 1 to 2 minutes, turning carefully, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with marinara sauce.