Lemon bars are a classic citrus dessert. These bars take on the best of both worlds — cake and lemon bars. They have an intense lemon flavor with a slight cake bite. You're going to love these powdered sugar-topped bars.
Yields 9 x 13-inch pan
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 (22 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together angel food cake mix and lemon pie filling.
- Once fully mixed, add to the prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes until fully cooked and the top is lightly browned.
- Let the cake cool, cut into bars and, if desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar