half price wings in celebration of National Chicken Wing Day. Even though our wings are half off, sports will be .
Limit 5. Must mention when ordering. Add-ins cost extra. Cannot be combined with other offers. Valid at participating SONIC Drive-Ins while supplies last.
- pound chicken, sliced thin
- pound (16-20) extra-large shrimp, cleaned
- tablespoons olive oil
- tablespoon unsalted butter
- cup diced white onion
- cloves garlic, chopped
- cup short grain white rice, rinsed
- cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Slice chicken into thin 2-inch strips. Peel shrimp, leaving the tail on, and clean shrimp by running a paring knife down the back and rinsing out the shrimp vein with cold water.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken. Season chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 6 minutes until chicken is cooked through (it’s okay if it’s slightly undercooked).
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add butter, onion, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add rinsed rice to skillet and pour in chicken stock. Stir together and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn heat down to low. Add chicken back to mixture, cover, and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- After simmering for 15 minutes, add cleaned shrimp to skillet. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and taste rice. Season with salt and pepper if needed. If the skillet has too much liquid, cook uncovered for a minute to thicken.
- Finish chicken and shrimp skillet by garnishing with fresh parsley and lemon slices. Serve skillet while warm.
In need of some extra spending power as for your holiday shopping? Swagbucks is holding a Santa's Li'l Helpers Team Challenge t...
Make a pledge and get a free clean whey protein bar from Power Bar! There are kinds of flavors! https://www.powerbarcleanstart.com/
Be sure to add this to your to-do list in April! Sonic will be having .50 cent hot dogs on April 18th! Mark your calendars! https://www.son...
Get ready for spring by ordering a FREE Better Homes and Gardens 1 year magazine subscription. It's almost to time to start Gardening! h...