Skip to main content

AMISH CAKE

I have been looking for a new cake recipe. This one sounds just right, it has a bit of sweetness, crunchiness and I love the frosting!

Amish Cake

Cake
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 (20 oz can crushed pineapple, (undrained)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extra
2 cups sugar
Mix all ingredients and pour into 9 x 13 ungreased baking pan. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Cool and frost with the following.

Frosting
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup margarine
Cream ingredients together and frost cake
ENJOY!

Comments

Katy ~ said…
I've made a very similar Amish cake called Chop Suey cake (I think that was the name of it). Odd name for an Amish cake, grins. It was a pleasant little cake.
Katy ~ said…
I've made a very similar Amish cake called Chop Suey cake (I think that was the name of it). Odd name for an Amish cake, grins. It was a pleasant little cake.
Yeah its an odd name, but I love Amish recipes! Went to Pa several years ago and went to Amish country it was very interesting. Don't know if I could live that way, as in no computer or electricity, but I loved the simple life.
so, where did the original Amish that the cake os named for get Pineapple???
Mimmy said…
Tammy, I just found your blog, and I found it because you gave a surprise visit to my blog. That is the very best way there is to get not only a new reader but a new follower. Thank you so very, very, much. As I'm disabled, I do very little cooking and almost no gardening, but I enjoy both and really enjoy reading about all of the wonderful things athers are doing. Most of my time is spent crafting so if you have any new craft ideas be sure to give them a shout out. Well, I just looked at the clock on my computer. I had no idea it was this late. I think I sat down about 11:30 and it only feels like I've been here a5 minutes. Come "see" me again real soon. Comments really make my day.

God Bless,
Mimmy
Mimmy I am so happy you stopped to visit and look forward to seeing you soon!
I also love crafts but dont always have the time, but with the holidays coming up my family has decided to make some presents, soo hopefully as i go on my searches I can post a few crafty ideas1