• January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• April 16 through 24: National Park Week
• August 25 through 28: National Park Service Birthday
• September 24: National Public Lands Day
• November 11: Veterans Day
FREE National Park Entrance Days For 2016! You can get FREE entry into any of the National Parks on the following days listed below. Available at these participating locations.
- box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- 1 1/4
- cups water
- cup vegetable oil
Red Velvet Cake
- box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ German chocolate cake mix
- cup water
- cup vegetable oil
- tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- bottle (1 oz) red liquid food color (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 1/2
- cups marshmallow creme (from two 7-oz jars)
- 1 1/2
- cups butter, softened
- teaspoon vanilla
- to 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 1/2
- cups powdered sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottom of each pan with cooking parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, beat White Cake ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Loosely cover and refrigerate.
- 3 In another large bowl, beat Red Velvet Cake ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 4 Spread 1/2 cup red velvet batter in bottom of each pan. Loosely cover and refrigerate remaining batter. Place all 3 pans on oven rack positioned in center of oven. Bake about 8 minutes or until cake is set when lightly touched in center.
- 5 For next cake layer, spread 1/2 cup white batter evenly over each baked red velvet layer. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cake is set when lightly touched in center.
- 6 Repeat steps 4 and 5, twice, baking 9 to 12 minutes per layer or until top of cake layer is set when lightly touched in center.
- 7 Cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; remove parchment paper from bottoms of cakes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 8 Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat marshmallow creme, butter, vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in powdered sugar until fluffy. If necessary, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time until spreading consistency.
- 9 To assemble, stack cake layers, spreading 1/2 cup frosting between each layer. Spread thin layer of frosting over side and top of cake to seal in crumbs. Refrigerate cake 30 to 45 minutes to set frosting. Spread remaining frosting on side and top of cake.
John strapped his receiver tightly on his upper arm. He was ready to finish this game and finally claim victory. The sun had set...
In need of some extra spending power as for your holiday shopping? Swagbucks is holding a Santa's Li'l Helpers Team Challenge t...
It's every man's dream to own a car that capture's their identity. For some, classic american muscle cars fit the bill perfectl...
Sign up here for a complimentary one year subscription to Diabetes Self-Management . https://www.valuemags.com/freeoffer/freeoffer.asp?...