Skip to main content

Old Fashioned Remedies!

Here are a couple of recipes I found in a very old cook book I found at the thrift store. I don't know about the Banana Homemade Foot Cream Recipe, but as many times I have to wash my hands at work(doctors office), this might be worthwhile to try, don't think I own a pair of white gloves.
I could see myself trying the Apple Tart soap recipe. Well they are still fun to read. If you know of any old home remedies leave a comment. Would love to hear them!

Banana Homemade Foot Cream Recipe

Dry hands and feet will become smooth and soft overnight if you mix:
Bananas
Honey
Lemon juice
Natural margarine

Smear on hands and wear white gloves to bed. Wash off in the morning. For dry feet, smear the mixture on and wear heavy socks to bed, wash off in the morning. (Note recipe did not list the amounts).

Apple tart soap recipe:

4 oz. Clear, Unscented Glycerine Soap
1 Tablespoon Liquid Soap
1 teaspoon Liquid Glycerine
1/2 teaspoon Apple Fragrance Oil
2 drops Red Food Color
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

Melt soap in small pan over low heat or in a glass cup in the microwave. Add Liquid Soap and glycerine and stir gently but well. Add fragrance, color and cinnamon. Stir and let stand a couple minutes, just enough to start to thicken so when you stir again the cinnamon will be more evenly distributed.
Pour into molds. Allow to set completely (in or out of freezer). Wrap in plastic wrap or use cellophane candy bags.

Comments

Katy ~ said…
What a hoot! I enjoy reading these old home remedies.f