Skip to main content

Bring on the sweet potatoes and Spiced hot apple cider!

Ok I may be acting a bit prematurely but the weather in Alabama was wonderful today! The temperture is to go down in the low 50's to high 40's tonight.

Right now I am sitting in my sunroom with the windows opened and the breeze has a faint chill to it! Hubby is laughing at me because I have a light blanket around my legs! Its time for Sweet potatoes and a tall cup of hot apple cider. Its fall when you start thinking sweet potatoes and apples. I have a recipe for you to try!

Sweet Potato Waffles

1 cup of mashed cooked sweet potatoes

1tsp baking powder optional

2 tsp cinnamon

2 eggs separated

1-1/2 pastry flour

1 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp sea salt

Combine potatoes and egg yolks; slowly add dry ingredients. Whip egg whites until they peak. Fold in 1/4 of the egg whites first. Then fold in remaining egg whites. Cook in preheated waffle iron, lightly oiled, for 5 minutes. Enjoy your first fall recipe!

Spiced Apple Cider

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 quarts apple cider

1 teaspoon whole allspice

1 teaspoon cloves

1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick

Orange twist, as garnish

Mix together and simme 30 minutes. Remove spices. Serve hot with orange twist! Serves 10.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love sweet potatos and waffles. I have got to try this recipe. It looks yummy!
It is yummy! I just wish when I cooked my hubby didnt have the camera! I think I need to buy my own.
Katy ~ said…
Bookmarking this one. This sounds too good for words!! Do you serve a sauce with the waffles?

Apple cider is such a seasonal favorite. LOVE it!
My daughter warms butter and brown sugar and uses this with whipped cream on top. I like this with pecans mixed in. But it makes it so rich,but good!