Skip to main content

Impossible Bacon Pie --Cooking is not totally impossible!

Do you remember when we were  all learning to cook, or if you were like me learning to cook after you got married.(22 years old)  Looking back now I wonder sometimes how I ever learned to cook. I messed up quite a few things, some were eible, but most were interesting!
Especially the day I decided to bake a whole chicken. It was cheap, within my budget and it sounded easy.
I made a couple of side dishes ( opened a couple of cans) and I was so proud. The chicken smelled divine, and as I went to pinch off a little bite, it tasted great, it was tender and moist.
I sit down at the kitchen table beaming, thinking to myself  I can cook! I think you know where I am going with this story.Yes to my dismay with all my family gathered around me enjoying my fine dinner, I had left in the small package inside the chicken!
Its really amazing that I ever wanted to cook again. Its not nice being picked on or called the chicken queen! I know my family loves me! Time went on and my family forgot about my chicken incident!
The other day I was going through some old recipes and I found this one with a red star on it, smiling to myself I remember why it was so special. This was my cooking saving recipe!
After the chicken, I was a bit leary about cooking again and when I tried this and it came out great I put a big red star on it!
Now I remember why this was so special it was my cooking saving recipe. This recipe gave me a reason to continue cooking, trying new recipes and kept me from running off to the closest fast food restrurant! So enjoy my cooking saving recipe!
Now its confession time!  Surely I am not the only one who has botched up a meal.  So leave your story and your recipe that saved you! This will be a good way to share some very special recipes with each other!

12 slices of bacon, crisp-cooked, crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 cups of milk
4 eggs
1 cup baking mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Sprinkle the bacon, cheese and onion in a greased 9 inch pie plate.
Mix the remaining ingredients with a mixer at high speed for 1 minute.
Spoon this mixture into the pie plate.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool for five minutes.

Comments

Katy ~ said…
Don't you just -love the impossible pies!
amer said…
I added you to my blog, take a peek...later keep those great recipes coming.
Katy Impossible pies are my favorites!!