I went to barnes a noble yesterday and found an awesome cookbook on sale called, "Best One-Dish Meals" by Good Housekeeping!
I wanted to share a few recipes with you, to make your weekdays as easy as mine will be!
Fresh cilantro gives this hearty casserole real southwestern flavor!
Prep 25 minutes Bake 20 minutes MAKES 6 main dish servings
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 can (15 1/4 ounces) no salt-added whole kernel corn, drained
1 small zucchini (8 ounces) cut into 1/2- inch pieces
2 pickled jalapeno chiles, minced with seeds.
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves and steams, chopped
2 cans (15-19 ounces each) no-salt-added white kidney beans.
6 flour tortillas (8-inch diameter)
1/2 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
lime wedges for garnish
1. In nonstick 12- inch skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, onion, and red pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender and golden, about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Meanwhile, in food processor with knife blade attached or in blender at medium speed, blend half of the white kidney beans with broth until almost smooth. Transfer bean mixture to large bowl, stir in remaining beans and set aside.
3. To vegetables in skillet add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in corn and jalapenos; cook 2 minutes longer. Transfer vegetable mixture to bowl with beans; stir in cilantro until mixed.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spoon about 3/4 cup bean mixture along center of each tortilla. Fold sides of tortilla over filling, overlapping them slightly.
5. Spoon 1/2 cup salsa into bottom of 13 by 9 inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Place enchiladas, seam side down, on top of salsa. Spoon remaining salsa over enchiladas; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Each serving about 415 calories 17 grams protein 70g carbs
8grams total fat (2 grams saturated) 6 mg cholesterol
In need of some extra spending power as for your holiday shopping? Swagbucks is holding a Santa's Li'l Helpers Team Challenge t...
Make a pledge and get a free clean whey protein bar from Power Bar! There are kinds of flavors! https://www.powerbarcleanstart.com/
Be sure to add this to your to-do list in April! Sonic will be having .50 cent hot dogs on April 18th! Mark your calendars! https://www.son...
Get ready for spring by ordering a FREE Better Homes and Gardens 1 year magazine subscription. It's almost to time to start Gardening! h...