- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 lbs. lamb, cubed (you may substitute beef if lamb is not available)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce (or Dale's Steak Seasoning)
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 16 oz. can of beer (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Clabber Girl Corn Starch
- additional water to cover, if necessary.
Instructions:Place the flour in a 1 qt. plastic bag; add cubed lamb and toss to coat. Pour oil in a large saucepan, and brown meat along with onions and garlic. Cook on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring to keep onions from browning too much. Add 2 cups water, and seasonings. Bring mixture to a boil. Add potatoes, carrots and beer. If liquid does not cover ingredients, add water just to cover.
Bring to a boil, then turn heat to simmer and add corn starch. Cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serves 4 to 6