- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and slice the challah bread very thickly.
- Let dry out for 2 hours. Mix eggs, cream, oj and zest very well.
- Dip both sides of slice of bread in egg mix and get them very wet.
- Lay the bread in pan slightly overlapping and pour the rest of the egg mixture over the bread. Cover with foil and let sit at least 1 hour.
- for 45 minutes to 1 hour - depending on how crispy you want the top.
- For the sauce: in saucepan melt butter add syrup cook until it reaches a low simmer - pour over the French toast.
Ready in 1¼ hour