Skip to main content

Summer TIme Recipes!

What is a lover of cook books? Some love to try out the recipes, I love reading them, its as if you have your very own "pinterest" you can hold in your hands and browse and exactly touch the page! Once I find an old church cookbook at my favorite thrift store, I feel a bit of a adenerline rush. Suddenly anything and everybody around me are gone and it's just me and the old church cookbook. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's like the cookbook comes to life, each person who contributed has invited me personnaly into their kitchen.  It reminds me of the times when my Grandma would give me a broad smile and hand me a " big apron" to put on, then she would have me turn around so she give me a "apron hug" where she would tie the ties in back into a large bow and as she was doing it she would always manage to pull me tight and ask me, Are you ready to start cooking?


Let's bring back some cooking memoires back into your kitchen. Below are some recipes I not only read, but tried them out! Enjoy!

ALL DAY MACARONI AND CHEESE

8 oz elbow macaroni
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

In a large pot, cook macaroni pasta until tender. Drain.  In a large bowl, mix together 3 cups of sharp
cheddar cheese, cooked macaroni, evaporated milk, eggs, salt and pepper.
Transfer to a slow cooker which has been coated with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges.  Do not remove the cover or stir the mixture until mixture has finished cooking. Serve warm.

Comments