- 1 loosely packed cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried culinary lavender
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried chamomile (or 4 chamomile tea bags)
- 1. Crush mint leaves and put in a 1-gal. lidded jar. Add lavender and chamomile.
- 2. Fill jar with water to within 2 in. of rim. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours. Pour through a cheesecloth-lined colander into pitcher for serving.
It’s FREE and you get:
- Members-only offers delivered straight to your inbox
- Access to monthly lawn and garden ideas customized for your location
- Expert advice and answers to your questions in 24 hours
- Interaction with other gardening enthusiasts
- A personalized Outdoor Journal and Photo Album
JOIN NOW >
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- Oil, for frying
- 1-ounce butter
- 1 sprig dried thyme
- 2 1/2 pounds best end of lamb neck, cut into large pieces
- 7 carrots, chopped lengthways into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons pearl barley
- 5 cups chicken stock, recipe follows
- Salt (recommended: Fleur du Sel)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, and bay leaf)
- 12 medium potatoes
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 1 bunch chives
- Serving suggestion: herb butter, recipe follows
In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, cook the onions in oil and butter, on medium-high heat until they are translucent. Add the dried thyme and stir. Add the lamb and brown on a high heat to seal in juices. Add carrots, and pearl barley. Pour in the chicken stock so that it almost covers the meat and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, and add Bouquet garni. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, being careful not to boil. Place potatoes on top of the stew, cover and cook for 30 minutes until the meat is falling beautifully off the bones and the potatoes are fork tender.
Serve the stew in large flat soup bowls, and drizzle herb butter over the potatoes or garnish with parsley and chives.
I have really enjoying blogging these past few years! I have learned a lot and still learning. Made new friends and I have received a pile p...
In need of some extra spending power as for your holiday shopping? Swagbucks is holding a Santa's Li'l Helpers Team Challenge t...
It's every man's dream to own a car that capture's their identity. For some, classic american muscle cars fit the bill perfectl...
Sign up here for a complimentary one year subscription to Diabetes Self-Management . https://www.valuemags.com/freeoffer/freeoffer.asp?...