- box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- cup milk
- package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- tablespoons grated lemon peel (from 2 large lemons)
- cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- cups powdered sugar
- tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1Heat oven to 325°F. Generously spray 10- or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 3Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate, and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4Place cake on serving plate. In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar and lemon juice, a little at a time, using whisk until thick glaze forms. (You may not need all the juice.) Pour evenly over cake. Store cake loosely covered.
Mix up this basic recipe with different citrus fruits, like orange or lime.
Grate the lemon peel right into the bowl with the other ingredients to keep all those bright citrus flavors from drying out in the air.
Be sure to check out BettyCrocker.com for more great recipes and savings!