You know us for being all things craveably cranberry, but did you know we also have a surprisingly versatile citrus side as well? Grapefruit season in sunny Florida is at its peak, so now is the best time to enjoy the invigorating taste of Ocean Spray® grapefruit juices and juice drinks. Here are four ridiculously refreshing reasons to give grapefruit a try!
Free 3-Section Car Trunk Organizer ~ Just Pay Shipping
- If stuff rolling around in your trunk drives you crazy, hurry over to 13Deals.com and grab this deal for a 3-Section Car Trunk Organizer for FREE (Reg. $19.99). All you have to pay is $5.49 for shipping. This same organizer sells for $10.99 on Amazon , so you'll save 50% through this great deal!
Be sure to check out this deal and a great many more free deals It's on a new web site I have discovered!
Turn the classic appetizer into a filling dinner bake by loading a 13 x 9 pan with crushed tortilla chips and all of your favorite nacho toppings.
- lb ground beef sirloin
- package (8 oz) refrigerated prechopped onion
- package (8 oz) refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell pepper mix
- jar (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky mild salsa
- can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- cups shredded pepper Jack cheese (12 oz)
- bag (11 oz) tortilla chips
- cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- cup diced tomatoes
- cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- Sour cream, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Add onion and bell peppers; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- 2 Add salsa, olives and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese to beef mixture; stir gently to combine. Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- 3 Place tortilla chips in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or flat side of meat mallet until coarse crumbs form. Add melted butter; seal bag and shake until combined. Sprinkle over beef mixture. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- 4 Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and green onions. Serve with sour cream.
Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Muffins
Layers of buttery cinnamon sugar goodness packed into a muffin.
- (13.2 ounce) package Pillsbury™ Simply...™ refrigerated rustic French bread
- cup butter
- cup sugar
- teaspoon cinnamon
- teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2 In a skillet brown the butter over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. The butter will turn a caramel color and smell nutty. You need to watch it carefully because can quickly go from browned to burned. Set aside to cool.
- 3 In a small bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside for later.
- 4 Open the bread dough and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, divide the dough with a small slit in the middle. The divide each section again in the middle. Repeat until you have 31 slits. Using a very sharp serrated knife, slice the dough into discs using the slits as guides. Place all the slices on a large sheet of wax or parchment paper and flatten with a rolling pin.
- 5 Brush each disc of dough with the melted butter.
- 6 Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over all of the bread dough.
- 7 Stack 5-6 pieces of dough on top of each other. Slice each stack in half and place both sections cut side down in a muffin tin.
- 8 Place muffin tin onto a large rimmed cookie sheet to catch any sugar or butter overflow.
- 9 Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow muffins to cool for ten minutes in the pan and then enjoy!
- 10 Slightly adapted from Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Muffins
Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Muffins
As prepared by Girl Who Ate Everything, December 27, 2012
Like your favorite sweet pull-apart loaf, these individual muffins have layers of buttery cinnamon sugar to peel off and nibble to your heart's content.
Sunday mornings are a little less fast paced around here — the only morning of the week that I actually have time to indulge in a breakfast besides cereal. So I thought, why not try these Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Muffins for a Sunday morning treat?
One of life's greatest pleasures is pulling warm bread apart. Mmm ... these muffins have layers of warm buttery bread sprinkled with a cinnamon sugar mixture. Each muffin has intricate layers just begging to be devoured.
You could totally make your own bread dough to start. But why? I used a package of Pillsbury Simply Rustic French Bread dough to start out these muffins fast and easy.
I made small markings in the dough so I would know where to cut and to make sure all of the pieces were uniform in size.
Using a very sharp knife, cut each slit into a slice of dough.
Roll out each disc of dough on wax paper. The more surface area we have the more butter and cinnamon sugar we can incorporate into these.
Brush each disc with browned butter. Browned butter has a nutty taste and adds so much more than just regular melted butter. Once you've had browned butter you'll try to find a way to use it in everything.
Sprinkle the dough generously with your cinnamon sugar mixture. The mixture seeps into all of the cracks and crevasses when baking, making some major magic happen.
Stack about 5-6 discs together and cut them down the middle. We want to put the cut side down here so that the pretty edges are showing up top.
After they've baked you have layers and layers of cinnamon sugar bread all in one little muffin. It's really hard to eat just one!
More Morning Mmm's
Try some of these recipes on a Sunday morning -- or any morning -- to warm up and start the day right:
- Quinoa Omelette Bites Recipe
- Toasted Coconut Monkey Bread Recipe
- Pancake Breakfast Cups Recipe
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Crescent Breakfast Pizzas Recipe
Christy joined the Tablespoon team to share her recipes and inspire family food fun. Watch her Tablespoon member profile for great new recipes!
John strapped his receiver tightly on his upper arm. He was ready to finish this game and finally claim victory. The sun had set...
In need of some extra spending power as for your holiday shopping? Swagbucks is holding a Santa's Li'l Helpers Team Challenge t...
Sign up here for a complimentary one year subscription to Diabetes Self-Management . https://www.valuemags.com/freeoffer/freeoffer.asp?...
Running now through December 3rd, the cashback shopping site Swagbucks is running a series of exclusive "Swagbuster" deals that o...