Skip to main content

Cook book reading addicts unite!

This is really a funny thing to admit, but when I am really tired and just need to relax or if I didn't get by the library for my latest stack of books. My favorite thing to do is reading cook books, especially really old ones.

Yea Yea, I know, you say I must be crazy, but there has to be other folks like me out there who do the same thing.

Crazy as it sounds I actually look forward to curling up on the couch with a pile of cook books! Gosh I know your really worried about me now! But I swear I can find the best recipes then, I may have read this book a dozen times but all of sudden one recipe stands out. Especially if its chocolate!! Being a chocoholic there isn't that many recipes that have slipped past me.

Its confession time! Leave me a comment if your a cook book reading addict. Tell me about your favorite cook book reading experience.

I would love to hear from other cook book readers! If you would like for me to post your favorite recipe, be sure to tell me where you found it, was it a family favorite, or a Grandmothers recipe passed down.
Looking forward to hearing from a few readers!

Comments

Holly said…
I love cookbooks too. People don't quite understand the joy a new cookbook can bring. I also love cooking magazines (Food Network and Rachael Ray being my current favorites). I cannot wait to one day inherit the cookbook my mom has compiled of both of my grandmother's and my mother's recipes. Usually when I find a recipe that sounds good, I tweak it slightly to make it my own.
Hey Holly
Maybe we should start a club of readers! My Mom has been giving me some of her recipes, but she has'nt always written them down. Your so lucky! One of my favorite magazines is Southern Living and Kraft food and family. Thanks for stopping by, please come again!
I too love reading cookbooks, and just this past weekend I worked on putting together a the "Family Cookbook" that my mom gave me as one of my gifts at the Recipe Shower prior to my wedding. It is awesome because it has pockets and pages and slots and everything for those recipes that you jot down, have gotten recipe cards for etc. It was so much fun looking and organizing all of those recipes.

...But on the topic of your post, I really have enjoyed my Magnolia Collection cookbook. It was one of the first cookbooks I got in college and it's simple and good - it was just right and not too overwhelming for me back then. I think that it is what started my addiction to cookbooks.