Skip to main content

Homemade Dog Biscuits to Rid Fleas!

Many of you have seen Bella ( cute puppy daughter bought home, which I am now seeing more than she is lol, but my sister told me I am slowly becoming a dog person, of course my cats hate this!), Well between her and the Golden (Toby), we have Fleas. Toby gets treated with front line, but my vet said Bella is still to young, so its biscuits! I understand the brewers yeast helps! Well I am making them up this weekend so I should have you a picture up soon, but just in case your dog and you are going crazy, hope maybe this recipe helps you too!

3 cubes beef bouillon
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup brewers' yeast
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 egg yolks

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Dissolve beef bouillon cubes in boiling water, and set aside. Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, corn meal, brewers yeast, and garlic powder. Add the yolks, then gradually pour in the bouillon water while stirring. Mix thoroughly to form a firm dough. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place cookies one inch apart onto cookie sheets.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn the oven off, and leave the cookies inside for at least 3 hours or overnight to harden. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Comments

Polly said…
I can hardly wait to try this! I made homemade doggie treats not too long ago and they went nuts over them. I love yove your blog and will be back to read more. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Let me know how your dog likes them. I am hoping it helps with the fleas for Bella(she is a tea-cup)small and only about 3 monnths.
Welcome to Frugal Southern Mom! Come by any time!
Polly said…
Thanks, Sweetie. Little Pepper loves the treats.He is not very big either, but way more than Bella. There is an award for you to pick up on my blog. Hugs.
I am glad Pepper likes them! Thank you so much for the reward!! I am honored!
Hey I cannot acess your blog.