Skip to main content

Snickerdoodles!

One cannot leave out the Snickerdoodle cookie at Christmas! This is my daughter's favorite, so of course we will be making it! Alot of ingredients but a wonderful tasting cookie with a wonderful taste of cinnamon!

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease cookie sheets. Cream together the butter, brown sugar and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. In a small bowl beat together the eggs and vanilla, then mix into the butter mixture. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, two teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Blend the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir in the oats. Drop by the teaspoonful onto the prepared sheets. In a small bowl mix together the two teaspoons sugar with the teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the cookies.
Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling. Store in airtight containers or freeze.

Enjoy this old fashioned recipe! Merry Christmas and enjoy!

Comments

Andrea said…
Yummy!
Blessings and prayers,
andrea
Carol said…
I love snickerdoodles. I have made them for years, and before that my mom. Thanks for bringing them to my mind.
I love the word... as much fun to say as it is to eat
Hey all I am posting more cookies tomorrow with candy recipes! I am getting myself in the cooking christmas mood!
Anonymous said…
Tammy, with all these great recipes, you should have linked up with the ecookie exchange!
No believe it or not I cook all these cookies every year lol
Maybe this is why I dont lose weight around the holidays! We start cooking serious this weekend for a cookie exchange!
Anne said…
Oh my gosh real snickerdoodles. Once - trying to do something different, many years ago, I put green food coloring in the dough (I think it was Saint Patrick's Day) - - don't do that, it was quite some time before I could stomach snickerdoodles again. But I miss these wonderful cookies, and I can't wait to try making them them with my grandson.