Skip to main content

New Schedule Line up!! Please Read!

I know I have'nt been blogging lately but I do have my reasons, but I am not going to try to back up and catch you up. I say lets move ahead!!
It's a beautiful day outside, with just a hint of a breeze. Living in the south you have to take the weather as it comes and enjoy it while its here. Who knows it may change in a second.
Speaking of change I am going to start blogging certain things on certain days. I know I have tried this before and what makes me think that it will last this time, perservance lol! Let's just say I am going to give it my best shot! First of all thanks for the many bloggers who have stayed with me!
Here is the schedule:
Monday-One Dish Meals
Tuesday- Calling all Chocolate Lovers
Wednesday- Sandwiches again?
Thursday-Southern cooking at its best!
Friday- Weekend snacks

frugalsouthernmom.com is also on Facebook. Here you will find daily freebies and coupon match ups.
You can also find me on Twitter.I have been a busy girl with the freebie lately, but have slightly neglected my followers here. I will try to use my best Southern hospitality to keep you interested! So let's go back to my roots and share some southern recipes.

Today is Tuesday so Its Calling all Chocolate lovers!





This recipe is good for when the kids start bugging you for snacks. I remember these from school lunch! Plus you can make them fast and normally you will find you have these ingredients on hand in your pantry, so no rushing out to the store.

Boiled Cookies

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 milk
1/2 butter
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 TBS vanilla
1 cup of pecans( optional)

Mix sugar, cocoa, salt, milk and butter in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a full rolling boi. Boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add oatmeal, vanilla and nuts(if you like them). Stir until mixed then drop by teaspoons or tablespoons if you want them bigger on wax paper. Makes about 3 dozen.

This next chocolate dessert is my hubby's favorite. I was given the recipe for a second time this past Christmas. They are  very rich, make sure you have a tall glass of cold milk on hand!

SaSa's Fudge

2 Tablespoons Butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt (Mix the first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan)
Melt and  Stir. When it boils stir 5 minutes.

Remove from heat: Stir in 1 cup Semi Sweet morsels
2 cup mini marshmellows ( make sure the bag is fresh or has been sealed)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
Let it sit for a few minutes in the sauce pan off the heat. Then drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.

Now you know the schedule I hope you will stop by more often and hopefully I will be able to attract some older readers back to my blog!

Comments