Skip to main content

Yummy Dollar Stretcher Enchiladas-March Save A Lot recipe Winner!

Recently I was given the opportunity to test out the award winning recipe, "Yummy Dollar Stretcher Enchiladas". This was the March winner for the Save A Lot recipe contest on Facebook.

I was given a $10 dollar coupon to go and buy all the ingredients at Save A Lot. This was my first experience shopping at this grocery store and I found the prices on most items to be very reasonable, particularly the name brand items. I will be making many other shopping trips here in the future.

My daughter and I were able to find all the ingredients at the store and hurried home to test out this new recipe. We both love cooking so I must admit we were pretty excited to get started!
get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Yummy Dollar Stretcher Enchiladas


1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken                                 
4 Senora Verde Flour Tortillas
1 can Senora Verde Refried Beans
1 Pkg Coburn Farms shredded cheese, any flavor
8 oz Coburn Farms Sour Cream
16 oz Senora Verde Salsa, any type
1/2 1 tsp Marcum Chili Powder

Instructions:

Grease or spray a 13 x 9 baking pan. Lay 4 flour tortillas shells and spread a thin layer of refried beans in the center. Sprinkle with chopped chicken and shredded cheese. Roll up and place in baking pan,m seam side down. Mix salsa, sour cream and chili powder in a small bowl. Pour over the enchiladas to cover. Cover with foil and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes. Garnish with additional shredded cheese when finished. Serve and enjoy!


Tonight we had four for dinner so I did adjust the recipe a bit and we made 8 Enchiladas. The recipe was quick, easy and praised by all! I would definitely make it again for my family. We were both a bit hesitant when mixing the salsa, sour cream and chili powder together it looked a bit watery, but the taste was surprisingly good. We both would definitely recommend this recipe for anyone who is in a hurry but would like a great quick sit down meal for your family!
What with all the running parents and siblings do in the summertime with the kids, we all need more cost cutting quick meals like the one above!





Comments