Skip to main content

Easy and affordable breakfast idea!

This morning my daughter surprised me with some AMAZING cream cheese-filled blueberry muffins!! They reminded me of a special muffin from a bakery!


She told me it was rather easy to prepare, and she found all of the ingredients already in our kitchen!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
All she used was a package of blueberry muffin mix and went by the directions on the back of the package. We were out of skim milk and she used some of her soy silk milk she makes for her smoothies. I am normally not a huge fan, but until she told me, I couldn't even tell a difference!

Then for the cream cheese filling in a separate bowl she used half a box of cream cheese (4 ounces) and mixed in about 2 tablespoons of sugar. (taste the mixture for your level of sweetness, little more won't hurt nor will less) The best way she found to mix was with the bottom of a metal soup spoon.

Grab a muffin pan and use cupcake liners to save from scrubbing your pan as much and fill the cups about 3/4 full.
Then use a small dollop of the cream cheese mixture into each  muffin cup.
Last sprinkle a little brown sugar on top for some added flair!!

Cook for about 15-18 minutes until lightly golden!!

Estimated cost: $1.60 for six muffins!

Comments