Skip to main content

Happy New Year!! Welcome to 2015

It's January 3rd, most of us have already taken down Christmas decorations and have been ringing in the new year.

While there are a few, like myself, who come in from work each night, glance at the Christmas tree and think what's one more day. I really did enjoy my tree and have enjoyed all of its sweet evergreen smells, but let's face it, if you have a real tree, by this time you have more needles on the floor then on the tree!

What is really bad, is when you find your cats playing games with the needles on the floor, which now thanks to their cute fuzzy paws have now been scattered all over the floor, but look how happy they look as they slide needles to places you may never look to sweep!

I am really looking forward to this new year, perhaps I  can learn from my mistakes of last year and make this year better, but I may need motivation to be able to stop and focus first.

It's hard to believe Christmas has come and gone and we have already welcomed in 2015. There was so much planning and preparing, It was a lot of fun and I did enjoy every minute of the rush of the Christmas season, the down side is I gained a few pounds, but that's why we have different sizes of jeans in our closets!

I could tell you that I am going to lose weight, stop procrastinating and even get up earlier in the morning so I won't feel so rushed on my way to work in the mornings. I can even tell you I will not leave dirty dishes in the sink at night when I go to bed, like I sometimes did in 2014. I can promise you I will be a better neighbor, friend, mom, wife, daughter and co-worker, but you know just maybe that's where we all go wrong when a new year begins. We simply place too many expectations on ourselves.

Instead of writing down so many resolutions, maybe we should take the pressure off of ourselves and simply make no new year's resolutions, Maybe, just maybe we should just enjoy another year of living and be happy with ourselves and not demand so much perfection.

This year I am going to try to just enjoy life minute by minute. I going to try to live one day at a time and enjoy 2015, without putting expectations on myself. I want to stop and as they say notice the small things, which normally bring more joy.

Happy New Year and Welcome to 2015!



Comments